Saturday, October 22, 2011

Like Windwaker, but in the Sky....

At the most recent Nintendo Conference, it was discussed that The Legend of Zelda would be like Windwaker, but in the sky.  This unduly snagged my attention when I read about, because the Legend of Zelda Windwaker was my favorite Zelda game of all time, despite the harsh criticisms it faced from many reviews at its time of release. To sweeten the deal even further, it was also announced that the price of the Nintendo 3DS would drop from its staggering $249.99 price tag to a substantially less staggering price of $169.99. I have to say, I haven't been this excited about the release of a handheld game since I bought Pokemon Gold way back in October of 2000, a whopping eleven years ago. I digress, however, because I have been revisiting games from my childhood, Windwaker, in particular.
I just conquered the Forsaken Fortress and am essentially in the same place that I was when I last played the game about seven years ago. Most of the fond memories I have of that game are of a young cartoonish Link sailing the King of Red Lions around, finding treasure, talking to fish and conquering barrel submarines. Good times. I never actually defeated the game, though, so much of it still remains an enigma to me. The only bad memory that I have of that game is the giant octopus-resembling monster that always kept me from meeting Jabun. No matter how many bombs I shot its way, the thing would not die. I feel like it's been a personal impetus that has kept me going these last seven or so years, so that I may one day bring it down and free Jabun and retrieve the third pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment